Thursday, December 20, 2007

wet & cold!

Man when the alarm rang at like 530 in the morning i swear i did not want to get out of bed, but to miss this ride would be a waste since so many ppl were going for it. About 18 of us in total if i counted correctly. In total we did about 70ish km today. Well i need to start building milage so this was a good start. We cycled from F2 carpark all the way to the west round about where the spc station was have no idea what you call that place. Along the way the group did 3 loops of faber hum i pass as i did not want to place any stress on my itb as i just started cycling again.
After we hit the turn around point man you should have at look at the sky i was so dark it reminded me of the rain this yr during the open water swim. The wind was blowing like mad, not to say it was bloody cold. This is the first time i'm saying the weather is cold in sg. I think during some parts my bike was tilted at an angle, that's how strong the wind was blowing. We decided to seek shelter at the west coast Mac as it would have been to dangerous to continue cycling in this sort of weather. After having breakfast which was suppose to be B.K tea but instead we had mac's sigh. I think most of us wanted to have the B.K tea that's what made us wake up for this morning's ride.......

Anyway, the rain kinda of soften itself up so we were on our way again, can i say the first 2km of the ride was abloody torture. Cold and was shivering not to say the trucks that were zooming pass us, it was an experience none the less. Well we slowly made our way back to F2 carpark. It was a good ride, i like cycling in the rain with out the traffic.

Andrew called me at like 1ish asking what time i was rdy to go over to jb, told me he'll be at my place in about an hr. So in the mean time i took a cat nap, one which i did not want to wake up from. The morning ride took out more then i thought it would have. O well i was not driving today so it was okie. Today was kelong sea food, which i say was nice and good only thing bad about it was the mozzie that were biting us. I got like 3 bits at the same spot bah i blame it on my blood type B+ which mozzie's seem to like to drink more of it.

Anyway, i must say training is going pretty good. Took my 800m interval timing yesterday i actually do about 3.30 a lap. Good but yes i still need to train harder. Tomorrow should be a rest day for me but i might just do something like swim or something. who know shrug......

1 comment:

Spook said...

Jules,
I just wanted you to know that I read your tri-blog from time to time.

I am very very proud of you and what you have achieved in the past year. Keep at it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Kev