Sunday, December 2, 2007

End of the year!

Well all i can say is woot! The race yr has come to an end well for me that is. All in all i've to say not bad for my first race yr. Nus bi, Trifam sprint, Osim tri( but did not do it, washing up would have taken longer then the race itself, 70.3 and SCSM 21km. All i hope is i can keep on going and doing all of this. Really feels good. Meet great ppl which i say all the time. Make really good friends along the way. Well i'm not much for one to stay still. Or my attention span is rather short as my friend would put it, but then again i've always done tri so don't see how i would be stopping. Just have not been doing it for yrs till now!

Well, back to yesterday. Did the 21km in 2hrs 5mins. Personal best for now. Once again i say for now. I sure going under 2hrs is not a problem now. Funny how we always think it is not possible. I was gunning for 2hrs 15mins but i shaved off 10 mins of the run. Amazing i say. But one mistake was i started to far back. I always seem to do that no idea why, maybe i don't have the confidence in me as of yet to start in the front. I should change that from now on. Then i would not have to side step so many people during the run. But then i thank the people who were in front of me, allowed me to play catch up. I guess that's how i manage to run faster as well. I guess i always like to start from behind an make my way up passing ppl. Rather be the type that starts in front an stays in front. Well i guess if i more confident i can just start from the front.

So during the run, i just looked out for a target that was in front of me an told myself i have to over take him/her. I want to look for the 2hr 15min pacer group at the start of the race but could not find them. I caught up with them somewhere around the 14k mark. Over took them, an knew that maybe i could do a faster time. So i decided to push myself abit hard. Keep my head up looking for Lloyd. Since he is the 2hr pacer, but culd not find him. I say ken though but he's in the 1hr 45min group plus he was on the otherside of nicole HW no way in hell am i going to catch up with him. I slowed down at the nicole HW part as the sun was beating down at that time and there was no water station in sight. Once we got back in to raffles bvld it was all okie. Once i turned down the corner out of marine square i picked up the pace, after cricket club i was trying to sprint my way to the finish line but there were just way to many ppl. But all in all i say good race and i'm not complaining! :) only thing is my legs are screaming now hahahaha but worth it! Okie part 2 in abit which is my trip to JB!

No comments: