Monday, July 30, 2007

30th July!!!

So with not having done anything at OSIM.... i took a morning ride did about 25km ... short but i was pushing the pace abit ... did not want to fatigue myself to much for the swim this evening with the trifam ppl ... came back rested abit before i went down to passione bikes to get my aero bars put on to my bike only to be told that my handle bar ( thanks cannondale for having weird ass bars so i can't put on aero bars on to my bike) reason being .. GG .. is that at the stem area is oversized but it tappers downs so there is no way to cramp the aero bars down blah... so looks like i will have to suffer during 70.3 .... was hopping to at least rest myself on the aero's during the flat which is almost the whole route for the 70.3 .... but o well .... sigh hahaha

I always look forward to mondays swim... something to get the week started for me... i must say it has really helped me. When i went for the swim trails for the nus bi at the beginning of this yr my timing for 1500 was 34 mins .... a few weeks ago when i did some charity swim at SICC .... my 1500 was sub 28mins .. thats like 6 mins off my swim time ... an i only swim on mondays ... yesterday when we were doing 5 x 400 sets .. i actually did a sub 7min for the first 400 , followed by 7mins for the next one ... something i would never have dreamed off in my life ... i was normally happy swimming a min a lap that's all i wanted but to shave off a full min is something i must say .. actually, it's all thanks to joe aka mr coconut .. he pushes us every monday to swim ... :) i'm now a happy swimmer ...

No comments: